Good morning guys, so lately I've been into reading... and no I'm not just reading magazines... which was the norm for me. The only series I've read other than Harry Potter which I made my sister read to me, cause I just like being read to, was Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Angeles and Demons. Growing up I really only read cause I had to, I just wasn't really into the books that you were "supposed" to read. I didn't like those girly romance books, I preferred thrillers and suspense. Because I couldn't get into those Nicolas Sparks, Nancy Drew or Danielle Steel books, I stuck to my fashion magazines, which turned into a bit of an obsession cause the magazines I liked were 50$ a pop... I remember when I could either afford food for the week or my magazine, I always picked my magazine ...lol
Why am I doing a post about reading... Well, I've recently found some books that I've enjoyed picking up and settling in to get my read on... Prior to this, I always found it hard to pay attention long enough to read a full book, I tend to lose interest.
I always found books overwhelming, there's just so many to chose from, how do you know whats good, whos a good author and so on, nowadays it seems like everyone's a New York Times bestseller!
I thought I'd share with you what I'm reading and what I'm going to be reading throughout the next few months. P.S i have a bad habbit of having a few books on the go, does anyone else do this... ??
1) Crushing It: Kind of like a self-help book on getting your shit together. How to curate your brand and building a business via Social Media! Written by Gary Vaynerchuk, its full of testimonials from people who are trying to or have changed their life.
2) The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck: Honestly I thought this was going to be more of a "Fuck you world " kinda book, but it's not. There are some elements that have that "Fuch You" subtext but its more about how to let go of things that don't matter and focus your energy on the things that do matter.
3) The Mars Room: This book takes place in 2003 and is about a young woman whose life takes a turn for the worst, she ends up in prison facing 2 consecutive life sentences. The Auther Rachel Kushner does a brilliant job at creating a suspenseful novel full of wit and grit that you won't want to put down.
4) Tangerine: Suspense thriller set in Morocco, Alice, a young new wife moved there with her husband and shortly after an unexpected friend shows up. See what these two gals get up to, Written by Christine Mangan.
5) Pretend I'm Dead: 24-year-old Mona decides to relocate to New Mexico to escape her past and an ex-boyfriend, this hilarious and wonderfully strange novel is written by Jen Beagin.
6) Social Creature: This is a thrill that highlights what could happen when you get caught up in the New York lifestyle, based on 2 girls and their toxic friendship see how they navigate the gilts and the glamour of the high life. Written by Tara Isabella Burton.
7) She Regrets Nothing: Laila is orphaned at 23 years old. At her mothers funeral, Laila encounters a surprise visit from some long-lost family members who happen to be from one of the richest families in New York. See what happens to Laila as she leaves her modest life behind and packs up and heads to New York to claim whats rightfully hers. Written by Andrea Dunlop.
8) Little Woman: This is a favorite among my sisters and I. We would watch the movie over and over again, so I thought I'd take a stab at the book and loved it, even more, so now I read the book every couple of years, I'm currently on my 4th round. Written by Louisa May Alcott.
There ye have it folks, my summer reading list, I know it's not huge but its a start! please note that I'm not a book editor, so keep that in mind when you read through my mini description of each book, I tried to do them justice...lol. Let me know what your reading and loving, I wouldn't mind adding to my collection!
Photos By: Tim White
Skirt: Zara (similar linked below) Bag: Dollskill (similar linked Below) Sunglasses: H&M (similar linked below), Top: H&M